An update on London Marathon 2021 – 7 August 2020
The race organisers have announced the 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon is scheduled to take place on Sunday 3 October 2021. It has been moved from its usual April date to October to maximise the chances of the mass participation event being able to take place.
Join Team Target for the 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon – the world's largest annual fundraising event! This famous marathon draws big-name athletes and charity fundraisers alike, with over 42,000 runners taking part in 2019. Taking in the best of the capital, the atmosphere at this race just can't be beaten, with spectators lining the streets to cheer you on!
How to join Team Target
You can apply for a charity place by filling in our application form. We will announce our places after the London Marathon ballot announcement in February.
Apply for a charity place
If you have a deferred place or a ballot place you can still sign up to join our team. For this option there's no minimum sponsorship, but we hope you'll raise as much as you can.
Sign up with your own place
Join Team target with your own place in the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon. For this option there's no minimum sponsorship, but we hope you'll raise as much as you can.
Sign up with your own virtual place
What you can expect from us
- A fundraising guide filled with help, advice and top tips to increase your sponsorship.
- Support from a member of the fundraising team, to help you every step of the way.
- Free fundraising materials to help you raise awareness of your challenge and the charity.
- A Target Ovarian Cancer running vest.
- Access to online training and nutritional plans.
- A post-race reception and cheer points on the day.
- Covid-19 updates: we’ll be in touch with any important event updates and safety measures relating to Covid-19. We want to make sure your fundraising with us is as safe as possible, so we recommend exploring our socially distanced fundraising ideas.
We'll offer you the same high level of support whether you join us with a charity place or with your own place.
If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com.