Times have changed, but you can still be there for women with ovarian cancer. Join us for a virtual challenge or fundraiser from your own home and have fun with your loved ones while making a difference. By organising your fundraising event you’ll be helping to raise awareness, fund research and save lives.
Host a virtual event
It's easy to move your socialising, fundraising and awareness raising to a digital platform.
Stuck for ideas? Here are a few favourites to help kick things off:
- Set up a Facebook fundraiser to ask for donations to Target Ovarian Cancer – you could do this instead of receiving birthday presents or to celebrate other special occasions.
- Host a virtual coffee morning, quiz night, book group or party! Use our guides for Skype [PDF], Zoom [PDF] or Facebook Messenger [PDF] to get started and invite your friends and family to join in.
- Take on a sponsored head shave.
- Offer a virtual class of your favourite hobby or skill, such as baking, yoga, piano, or a foreign language taster!
- Livestream a virtual performance of singing, dancing or stand-up comedy using Facebook, YouTube or Twitch. Did you know, you can livestream directly to your JustGiving page, making it even easier for people to support you!
- Take part in the 2.6 challenge by baking 26 cupcakes, cutting 2.6 inches off your hair or juggling for 26 seconds.
- Grab a gavel and host an online auction. If you choose eBay, the funds will come automatically to us if you select us as your chosen charity.
Tell us about your event
If you’re thinking of holding a fundraising event, we’re here to help. We can provide you with tips and advice, as well as all the fundraising resources you’ll need to get started – just call us on 020 7923 5474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take on a virtual challenge
Get active at home or during your daily exercise outside to get fit, have fun and improve the lives of women with ovarian cancer, now and in future. Whatever your fitness level, we can help you find a challenge that suits you. There isn't a minimum amount to raise for these challenges – all we ask is that you raise as much as you can.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Join us virtually for one of the biggest fundraising events of the year and do your own Ovarian Cancer Walk|Run
- Take on our virtual 17-mile challenge
- Run a 5k, 10k or even half marathon safely outdoors
- Complete a step challenge every day for the next month
- Do an exercise bike challenge
- Get active with a danceathon
Tell us about your challenge
What you can expect from us
- A fundraising guide filled with help, advice and top tips to increase your sponsorship.
- Support from a member of the fundraising team, to help you every step of the way.
- Free fundraising materials to help you raise awareness of your challenge and the charity.
- A Target Ovarian Cancer running T-shirt or running top.
If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com.