We know so many of you are determined to get out there and help, so we’re delighted to announce that the Ovarian Cancer Walk|Run in London is back!
We’ll make it happen with a brand new socially distanced 5k or 10k route at the Olympic Park, and virtual options too.
And if you want to do it virtually? Do it when and where you want!
Covid-19 has delayed our activities but we’re more determined to help than ever, and we can’t wait to see you. So get your trainers on and go the distance to transform the future for women with ovarian cancer.
How to join Team Target
To secure your place, please see the following registration fees and minimum sponsorship amounts that apply:
- Adults: £12.50 registration fee | £100 minimum sponsorship
- Children (aged 5-18): £5 registration fee | no minimum sponsorship
- Infants (under 5): free | no minimum sponsorship
- Teams: for teams of five or more signing up at the same time, each fifth person goes free. Please note, the team discount will only work online for team members registered in a single transaction, not if members join at a later date.
Registration closes at 12pm on Friday 23 April.
All participants will receive a t-shirt (or upgrade to a Target Ovarian Cancer running vest for £7), medal, bottle of water and goody bag!
If you have any queries, please contact the fundraising team at email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions
On the day
- Covid-19 – will the event be safe?
We’re working on the basis that a full lockdown will be over by the event date, although some social distancing may remain. As an outdoor event with plenty of space, we’re able to make the event safe and fully compliant with government guidelines. We don’t expect any changes that would affect our ability to put on the Ovarian Cancer Walk|Run but we’ll be in touch with any government updates or changes to the law that could affect your participation.
Full details of social distancing will be sent out with your packs.
- When will I receive my pack and t-shirt?
Your pack, including your event number and timing chip (if applicable), t-shirt and route map will be sent to you around a week before the event. If you sign up after 17 April, you’ll need to collect this on the day.
- Will the route be accessible for wheelchairs?
Yes, the route is fully accessible.
- Are there any toilets on the route?
Yes, there will be toilets along the route and also at the start and finish areas.
- Will runners start first?
Yes, runners will start at the front, ahead of the walkers.
- Can I bring my dog?
Yes, well-behaved dogs are welcome but please ensure:
• You keep your dog on a lead and it stays with you at all times.
• You bring water for your dog.
• You pick up any mess that your dog makes.
• You discourage others from petting your dog, for Covid-19 reasons.
- Can I sign up offline?
Yes, you can sign up over the phone by calling 020 7923 5474, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send you a paper form.
- Can I enter on the day?
If Covid-19 restrictions are still in place, we’d be unable to process registrations on the day and recommend you sign up in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Can children take part on their own?
Anyone under the age of 16 needs to be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is responsible for them on the day.
- Can I make changes to my entry?
Yes, please contact us and we’d be happy to make any changes. This includes if you've signed up individually and would now like to become part of a team.
- I can’t attend anymore, can I get my money back?
The registration fee is non-refundable but if you’d like someone else to take part in your place, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Why is there a minimum sponsorship amount?
We rely on voluntary donations and sponsorship raised from events to continue our work. The Ovarian Cancer Walk|Run is our largest fundraising event and as well as raising awareness, it's responsible for raising a substantial amount of the income we invest into beating ovarian cancer. We must do much more than just cover the cost of the event and we rely on all of our participants to raise the minimum pledge as well as those who exceed it.
If you’d like some tips on how to raise £100, our fundraising team would be more than happy to help with this.
- How do I set up my JustGiving page?
You'll have the option of setting up a JustGiving page as part of the online registration process. You can also use our JustGiving guide [PDF].
- Can I use sponsorship forms instead of a JustGiving page?
Yes, you can print our sponsorship form [PDF] or contact us if you’d like us to send you some: email@example.com.
- I've raised money offline, how do I pay in my sponsorship?
You can pay in your sponsorship online, by phone on 020 7923 5474, or you can send us a cheque made payable to ‘Target Ovarian Cancer’ to Target Ovarian Cancer, 30 Angel Gate, City Road, London EC1V 2PT. Please write your name and ‘The Ovarian Cancer Walk|Run’ at the back of each cheque.
- Is there a deadline for sending in sponsorship?
We ask that all sponsorship is paid in by 31 August.
If you have any more questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7923 5474 and we’ll be happy to help.