Holding a collection is a fantastic way to raise funds as well as vital awareness. Our face-to-face collections may be on hold, but thanks to our new virtual collections it’s never been easier to get involved.
A virtual collection is a really simple way to fundraise – simply set up a fundraising page with JustGiving, then share it with your friends and family to start collecting donations. All from the comfort of your own home.
Create your virtual collection
Ideas and tips
Here are some of our best tips and ideas to help you make the most of your virtual collection.
- Use our JustGiving guide [PDF] to find out how to set up your page, and read some of our top tips for boosting your online fundraising.
- Personalise your page with your story and some photos, to encourage your friends and family to support your fundraising.
- You could pick a new station or city each week to ‘visit’ and hold your collection – share a photo of the location and a fun fact about it with your supporters.
- If you’re currently working remotely, you could donate the cost of your daily commute.
- If you use an email signature for work or in your personal life, including a link to your JustGiving page is an easy way to let everyone know what you’re up to. You can include this message:
I’m holding a virtual collection for Target Ovarian Cancer. Will you help me? Please consider donating your spare change, by visiting my fundraising page: [insert link]. Thank you.
- You can use our virtual collections graphic as your JustGiving cover photo – just save our image and add it to your page.