The Scientific Advisory Board looks at written critiques provided by peer reviewers and works with our lay reviewers. They then make recommendations for research funding to our Board of Trustees based on the scientific or clinical merits of the grant applications, and their relevance to our research strategy.
The Board provides advice on:
- development of the research strategy and grant-giving programme
- which project proposals should be invited to make a full application (in conjunction with lay reviews)
- external reviewers for grant applications
- assessment of external reviews and final recommendations on grant applications
- annual review of funded projects.
Target Ovarian Cancer has developed a conflicts of interest policy for research at Target Ovarian Cancer [PDF] to ensure Scientific Advisory Boards members aren't compromised by applications they are associated with.
Professor Ruth Plummer, Professor of Experimental Cancer Medicine at the Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Newcastle University (Chair)
Professor Richard Edmondson, Clinical Professor in Gynaecological Oncology, Manchester University.
Dr Ros Glasspool, Consultant Medical Oncologist and Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow
Professor Maurizio D'Incalci, Laboratory of Cancer Pharmacology, Humanitas Research Hospital, Milan
Dr Rebecca Kristeleit, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
Professor Chris Lord, Deputy Head of Division and Leader of the Gene Function Team at The Institute of Cancer Research, London